Phase II of the Community Center Feasibility Task Force study process is nearing its end.
During this phase, the Task Force has been drilling into details such as what facilities to include, where a community center might be located, and the costs for construction, operations and ongoing maintenance.
In advance of the Task Force bringing its findings and recommendation to City Council – which is scheduled to occur at a Special City Council Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, December 16 – the Task Force is in the midst of a final round of community engagement activities.
Deadline: Sunday, November 29
A statistically valid telephone survey was fielded in mid-November for a limited number of randomly selected households. An online version of this survey has now been made available to all residents who wish to provide input on this important community issue, which can be accessed here. The deadline to complete this survey is Sunday, November 29.
7 pm, Wednesday, December 2
Join the Meeting: //zoom.us/j/97977618406
Or Join by Phone: 877-853-5257 | Webinar ID: 979 7761 8406
The Task Force is also hosting a Community Meeting for the evening of Wednesday, December 2, to be held via Zoom video conference. At this meeting, the Task Force and consultant team will provide an overview of the study process and the proposed recommendation that is taking shape as a result.
Task Force Meeting Schedule
Residents are welcome and encouraged to attend all meetings of the Task Force and its subcommittees, with time set aside at the end of each meeting for public comment. Meetings are typically held remotely via Zoom Videoconference, with meeting access details posted in the agenda. Any residents wishing to address the Task Force are asked to submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of one hour prior to the start of the meeting.
- Finance Subcommittee: Noon, Tuesday, December 1
- Join the Meeting: //zoom.us/j/97917361702
- Join by Phone: 877-853-5257 | Meeting ID: 979 1736 1702
- Facilities & Partnership Subcommittee: 4 pm, Wednesday, December 2
- Join the Meeting: //zoom.us/j/94894504814
- Join by Phone: 877-853-5257 | Meeting ID: 948 9450 4814
- Community Meeting: 7 pm, Wednesday, December 2
- Join the Meeting: //zoom.us/j/97977618406
- Join by Phone: 877-853-5257 | Meeting ID: 979 7761 8406
- Task Force Meeting of the Whole: 7 pm, Wednesday, December 9
Full details of the work of the Task Force can be found at uacommunitycenter.com.